New issue: Journal of Politics in Latin America 1/2020
The new issue of the GIGA Journal of Politics in Latin America offers a variety of analyses of topics such as drug crime, law enforcement, or oppositional patterns against democracy in Mexico, as well as a reassessment of the 2017 presidential election in Chile.
Journal of Politics in Latin America 1/2020
• Jonathan Hiskey, Mary Fran T. Malone, Alejandro Diaz-Dominguez: Authoritarian Recall: Mexico’s Drug War and Subnational Patterns of Opposition to Democracy
• Michael J. Wolff: Insurgent Vigilantism and Drug War in Mexico
• Matthew L. Layton: Welfare Stereotypes and Conditional Cash Transfer Programmes: Evidence from Brazil’s Bolsa Família
• Andrés Santana, José Ramón Montero, José Rama: Reassessing Downs: Testing the Influence of Voters’ Characteristics in a Chilean Presidential Election
• Diego Esparza, Antonio Ugues: The Impact of Law Enforcement Centralisation and Professionalisation on Public Opinion of the Mexican Police