Religion in Latin America and the Caribbean: Past, Present and Possible Futures
Call for Papers:
Deadline for proposals is 10 October 2021.
Conference: 12 and 13 January 2022.
The Centre for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (CLACS), University of London in collaboration with the Centre for Religion, Conflict and Globalization (CRCG), University of Groningen.
Keynote speaker: Professor Virginia Garrard (University of Texas at Austin).
The conference will be a forum for scholars working across the social sciences and humanities to examine the contours of religious life in Latin America and the Caribbean from a temporal perspective.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
• Religion and politics;
• Gender and religion;
• Religion and identities;
• Historical approaches to religion;
• Theological approaches to religion;
• Religion, urbanisation and development;
• The transnationalisation of religion;
• The digitisation of religion;
• Religion and environmental change;
• Religious missions.
Further details https://bit.ly/372gK2I